Magazine "cover"

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by RKnecht, Sep 24, 2008.

1. I'm always looking for new ways to promote my agility shots to the competitors. I do selective color shots, B&W, etc. This time I tried something a bit different. I created my own "magazine" cover. I can then "feature" a particular dog and announce any accompishments as the "cover story". I'd like some opinions as to if it works for you or not (and why).

379105132_UcASW-XL.jpg

2. leahp26

leahp26

Apr 28, 2008
    Southern NH
    Really like the idea.

IMHO - not loving the red text at the bottom, makes my eyes strain a bit

I imagine this could be a big differentiator.

3. The text can be any color I choose. I just "threw" this together last night in 15 minutes. I figured I'd post my results here and see what you folks thought. The idea is still in its early stages, and I have yet to present it to a few competitors for their comments. I agree with your statement about the text as I look at it more. I will have to play around with different colors. Thanks for the comments.

4. Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  5. Wileec

Wileec Guest

Seems like a good idea - but i would bone up on your typography and layout skills, since if, as is currently the case, there are some kind of glaring design flaws - they detract from the image. And I think that hinders the intent.

6. I think it's a great idea ...... wising you great success with it.

Best,

7. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    I'm with Bob

Wishing you every success...

best wishes

Ray