1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Magazine "cover"

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by RKnecht, Sep 24, 2008.

1. I'm always looking for new ways to promote my agility shots to the competitors. I do selective color shots, B&W, etc. This time I tried something a bit different. I created my own "magazine" cover. I can then "feature" a particular dog and announce any accompishments as the "cover story". I'd like some opinions as to if it works for you or not (and why).

379105132_UcASW-XL.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. leahp26

leahp26

Apr 28, 2008
    Southern NH
    Really like the idea.

IMHO - not loving the red text at the bottom, makes my eyes strain a bit

I imagine this could be a big differentiator.

3. The text can be any color I choose. I just "threw" this together last night in 15 minutes. I figured I'd post my results here and see what you folks thought. The idea is still in its early stages, and I have yet to present it to a few competitors for their comments. I agree with your statement about the text as I look at it more. I will have to play around with different colors. Thanks for the comments.

4. Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  5. Wileec

Wileec Guest

Seems like a good idea - but i would bone up on your typography and layout skills, since if, as is currently the case, there are some kind of glaring design flaws - they detract from the image. And I think that hinders the intent.

6. I think it's a great idea ...... wising you great success with it.

Best,

7. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    I'm with Bob

Wishing you every success...

best wishes

Ray

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.