Magazine recommendation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yvette, Apr 13, 2007.

1. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    For the past couple of months I have been buying Digital Camera World (a U.K. magazine). I have to say that I have learned so much from this magazine. It is a little pricey ($14) but well worth it. The last couple of issues have come with a dvd of tutorials for photoshop and they are amazing. Very simple and easy to follow. The tutorials are on the dvd as well as in the magazine. For a beginner photographer this mag has been a huge help.

http://www.dcmag.co.uk/Digital_Camera_Issue_59_Now_On_Sale.YRJh7URoo2oJ6A.html

2. jaleel

jaleel

Apr 3, 2007
    Toronto, Canada
    interesting i'll check it out at on the shelves.. tho $14 is pretty expensive
    i wonder if there is a cheaper north american magazine similar to this

3. sonuj2

sonuj2

May 11, 2006
    Naperville, IL
    Hi Yvette do you know if the Plug-ins on the CD/DVD that came with this issue will work with PS Elements 4.0?

4. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    Jaleel, I have not found one that is similar. There are so many magazines out there it is hard to know which one to get. I may end up subscribing to this one because it does work out cheaper.

5. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    I am not sure but I will check.

6. The mag I get is just plain "Digital Camera", also a U.K. product. The subscription is pricey ($100+ U.S.), but I must say the Brits know how to make a top-drawer photography magazine.

7. vettenut

vettenut

Feb 27, 2006
    Tolland CT
    Yvette, I subscribe to the US version of Outdoor photographer and Pop Photography but my favorite magazines are the British ones i.e.; Outdoor Photographer, Digital Photo Pro, Digital Camera World and Photography Monthly. They are all great magazines but unfortunately in term of photo's they are obviously local in nature and you sometimes want more pics of areas other than England. Many have disks related to photoshop but since I use Capture NX they don't help me much. With all the free software for photoshop and the available tutorials I may end up making the switch someday. I think the cheapest of the magazines costs me $8.00, Digital Camera World as you stated is a whopping $14 but a great magazine and covers a wide variety of photographic subjects and equipment. - Jeff