Magenta cast in prints

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by frogpix, Apr 21, 2005.

1. Hi,

I shot some images with the D2X (I doubt this problem is camera specific) and in printing them notice a strong magenta cast. I have calibrated my monitor (flat screen, Apple) with Spyder2Pro and, on the screen they look PERFECT. This is the part of digital photography that has caused me to run out of experience. Can anybody talk me through this? I am using an Epson R300 with the latest driver. Printing on Glossy Photo or Premium Glossy Photo paper makes no difference. Maybe this is why they have all those PS seminars??? 8)

2. What you need to do is isolate the problem to the camera or the printer. To do this take an sRGB, 300 DPI image to an outside printer and see if they have the same magenta cast. If they do not then the problem is your printer, if they do then the problem is your camera. By doing this you at lease know what to work on.

3. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

4. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    Seems like the last time I heard of this problem, it was due to doubling up the drivers. If you are using the Epson profile in the Photoshop printer queue, you have to be sure that ICM color adjustments on the printer are off.

5. Thanks, I figured it out. My Cyan cartridge was in the low zone and the red light was blinking. I changed out that cartridge and the problem went away. I printed the 'test' print that comes as a JPG file with the calibration unit and it was perfect. My other stuff is now, too.

Thanks again.

Steve

6. Oh, and I NEVER use anything but Epson. There are enough moving parts and variables without messing around in too many unknown areas. By the way, if any of you need good prices on ink and paper for about any printer (these are NOT generic) go to http://Atlex.com and check them out. That is where I buy all my printing supplies, at least until somebody points out a less expensive and as reliable a source.................

Steve