Magic bubble

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by Mitchell, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Any suggestions on how to do this better? I'd like to get more of a glow as well as some more realistic sparks.

353847441_zAUmx-L.

2. Just curious, but what are the spark showers supposed to be? Is the white section that white without the spark shower?

3. yamo

yamo

Jun 28, 2007
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Mitchell,

Greetings.

Here are some ideas:

- Go to Google images search for fireworks or electric sparks, pick image that works for you

- In PS, place sparks as you wish, use free transform to shape sparks, place several images and transform, until done. Try linear dodge blending mode for sparks with black background.

- For a brighter glow you might try... in PS, duplicate image on separate layer, add mask, fill mask with black, paint mask with large 0% hardness white brush centered on globe (click once, increase brush size click again, etc. to taste)... the idea is to create a circular gradient on the mask. Try screen blending mode (this adds the glow)... adjust with opacity.

I just grabbed some fireworks for this.... electric sparks might look better (and of course start over without the brushed in sparks)...

[​IMG]

Interesting idea for the photo...

Cheers,

-Yamo-

4. cool idea, mitch

awesome look and info, yamo

5. I'm just playing around with an old photo. I've been trying to work on using faerie dust brushes for a portrait idea I have. I've downloaded the brushes, but it is challenging to use them.

Here's the original.

296415296_9R4UD-M.

6. Yamo,
    Thanks for taking a look!
    Great suggestions and instructions. I'll have to give it a try. I still need to practice using these faerie dust brushes I've downloaded.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.