Magic Carpet

Discussion in 'People' started by Matthias, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Matthias

Matthias

Apr 13, 2007
    Central Texas
    Here is another picture from the Bluebonnet shoot. Can't make her smile on cue but running around is just fine :wink:

[​IMG]

2. I wish she filled up the frame a bit more and it seems a little underexposed but the colors are nice and the image is cohesive enough to be satisfying. Nice.

3. Matthias

Matthias

Apr 13, 2007
    Central Texas
    Justin,

thanks for the input - will check the file - here is the info:
    +0.3ev
    f/2.8
    1/100
    iso 400
    200mm

4. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    I think the softness in this picture works perfect.

5. cuss2much

cuss2much Guest

beautiful...

6. I think that the subjects size relation to the rest of the image works well - it just means that you'll have to print it at 20x30. And I love the depth of field. I agree that you may want to bump up the light and perhaps saturation. You may also wish to consider a crop that removes the sky above the trees.

7. SRPHR

SRPHR Guest

There is almost a natural line across the top of the foto that still leaves a V w/sky. Cropping the foto there might look great ...already a great foto though!

SRPHR

8. I agree on the comments about a tighter shot - having the girl between the dark green and the blue without the sky would be fantastic. The colors are terrific and her playfulness really makes the shot.

Sean

9. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

I think its wonderful. The idea seems to be a child in a vast field of flowers. I can't see how a tighter crop would help that. In fact it would ruin it. In this shot, the OOf forground>in focus child>OOF background leads one into the girl while painting a softly moving perspective front to back. Nice. I wouldn't crop it at all, she's positioned wonderfully within the comp.

Only critique I'd make would be to start posting these bigger here, 600x800 for verticals is a good size, 800x600 for horizontals. You can go up to 900 pixels in width without having the site SW resize down.

10. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    I absolutely love this photo. I say don't change it.:smile:

11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Agree with Sean

12. Matthias

Matthias

Apr 13, 2007
    Central Texas
    Thanks to all of you for your feedback. I think now I have to bump the brightness and saturation just a little bit - maybe crop some of the sky.

13. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    I agree great shot - crop out the sky.