1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Magic Slim

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by tojor, Apr 23, 2007.

1. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    This Friday I went to see blues legend Magic Slim and his band The Teardrops. I decided to see if I could take some shots. As this was the third time I went to his concerts at this place I knew that the lightning was very bad. And I didn't know if they allowed DSLR's. I knew I would at least have to shoot ISO 1600. I decided to bring my D50 and one of my smallest lenses, the 55-200mm that came with the kit. I hadn't used that lens in a long time.

Magic Slim is 70 years old but he still puts on a great show. He is an awesome guitarist. If you like blues music and don't mind LOUD guitars he is a must to see.

Most of the shots were a little underexposed so ISO for most of them are between 1600 and 3200. All shot in RAW and my first concert shots ever.

Magic and his guitarist Jon Mcdonald
    original.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The man himself singing the blues
    original.jpg

Play that guitar
    original.jpg

He doesn't have too many teeth left but his guitar still bites
    original.jpg

Come back next year Slim.
    original.jpg

2. That toothless grin shot is real nice.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Looks like a good time
    Really nice pics

4. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Thanks Justin. Yes, he is quite a character. :smile:

5. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Thanks Gale. We had a great time.

6. Hej Torben!

Those turned out fine. Have you tried any b/w convertions? I´m more like b/w school when it comes to consert shots...

Looks like he´s a huge fellow or then he was playing some toy guitar :smile: ...

7. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Thanks Jukka. Yes I played with b/w conversions as I thougt the images begged for that. I'm not very good at these conversion. May have to read a tuturial.

Magic Slim is a big man, ordinary sized guitar. :biggrin:

8. I can hear the music! The grin is my favorite.

9. Torben........... a cool series for sure my friend!

And I LOVE that guitar......... probably because I'm lucky enough to have a Gibson Les Paul Standard in Heritage Cherry Sunburst!

Does that meake me biased then......???????????? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Hope you are well! :cool: 

G

10. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Thanks David. I waited a long time for that grin.

11. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Thanks Graeme. The Les Paul is one of the greatest electrical guitars. Also love the sound of the Stratocaster. So you own a Gibson Les Paul. I didn't know you played the guitar. How cool. Take care.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.