Magical radiance [5 Img.]

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by d_ip, Jul 4, 2005.

1. d_ip

d_ip

Mar 18, 2005
    Alberta, Canada
    My alarm clock woke me up at 3am and that’s when my day’s journey began. By the time I got to my shooting location, the sun was ready to come out of the horizon. So I captured a few moments and here they are…. Enjoy!!!
    Love to get feedback.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the rest are here:
    http://lenscapephoto.smugmug.com/gallery/548192
    :D

2. Wow Shahed! Magical it is, indeed. 8) :lol:

It was really worth your while to wake up early and hike in the dark. Your landscapes are really first class: my favorites of this group are #3 and then #1, but rest assured that they are all very pleasing. Thanks for showing us how it's done! ;-)

3. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Wow, these are beautiful !

Regards

RFC

4. These are exquisite! Which lens did you use in these? The clarity is incredible! The scene in #2 looks familiar, what is the name of the place?

5. d_ip

d_ip

Mar 18, 2005
    Alberta, Canada
    Thanks Kevin. I used the Nikon 12-24 for there shots. First one is the Castle Mountain, Alberta. Second, third and the fourth one are Moraine Lake and the valley of ten peaks. Banff, Alberta. Last one is from Emerald Lake, British Columbia. All of them are from the same morning.

6. Outstanding! I love every one of them.

One day I will have to go to Canada and take a
    few pictures.

7. One word "magical beauties", the scenes are so serene and colorful.

8. What terrible pictures!

Seriously - Another great batch of pictures. Truly stunning! Lovely.

Is this at the same spot as the last ones?

9. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Great stuff. Did you remember youre ND filter this time?

10. money shots, all of them. Very impressive.

11. Incredible for sure the second one blows me away

12. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Shahed

Great as usual, #2 and #3 should rate as amongst your best. I am sure they get into your immaculate collections :D. Keep sharing Shahed, you raise the bar so high.

I can't believe I am nitpicking one of your photos, I have never seen you do anything even slightly not-right, but maybe in the last photo you could have given some breathing space for the boats. What do you think?

13. Shaded, you know what they always say, "the early bird catches the worm." These photos are just grand.

Maybe you should start offering photo trips to your secret haunts. I'd sure love to tag along.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

14. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Roman

Given where you live, fall colors in Yosemite might be a bit disappointing :(. Yosemite dries up pretty quick in Summer. Early spring is the best time to visit Yosemite when there is lots of water.

At this time of the year, Yosemite is an absolute zoo with loads and loads of people.

15. joecolson

joecolson

Jan 28, 2005
    Cary, NC
    Shahed,

Absolutely stunning images. The light and colors are incredible. I'd be interested in learning of your workflow, expecially what steps you take in Photoshop to accentuate the beautiful colors. I visited your gallery/website and am very impressed by your work (and your shooting locale).

Joe

16. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Shahed

Would that be a 2 hours drive?
    I have to drive a whole day for mountains,I envy you

Stunning pictures,thanks for sharing

17. d_ip

d_ip

Mar 18, 2005
    Alberta, Canada
    No. First one is the Castle Mountain, Alberta. Second, third and the fourth one are Moraine Lake and the valley of ten peaks. Banff, Alberta. Last one is from Emerald Lake, British Columbia. All of them are from the same morning. About 600km round trip. Thanks

18. d_ip

d_ip

Mar 18, 2005
    Alberta, Canada
    I don't have it yet. It's in back order. I had to use expose comp. instead. :(

19. d_ip

d_ip

Mar 18, 2005
    Alberta, Canada
    Thanks for your suggestion and nice comment. This one was my last shot of the day. I was tired :? Also I didn't have room to move but adding clutter.

20. d_ip

d_ip

Mar 18, 2005
    Alberta, Canada

I'm not there yet to offer any secrets. :D There is still a lot to learn. Your more than welcome anytime. Thanks for your advice and the kind word.

Shahed