Maine - Brunswick, Millinocket, Camden June 16 - 24

We are going to Maine this coming Saturday and will stay in Brunswick Saturday night and then head to Millinocket for a few days and then to Camden for the rest of the week and head home Sunday June 24.

Does anyone have any specific suggestions for locations to shoot wrapped around these three towns?

Camden has a lovely harbor - numerous potential boat rides out of the Camden - we plan to hit Lincolnville beach and 'lobsta' pound.

Monhegan Island is stunningly gorgeous! Harbor seals, various flora and fauna, bad eagles, neat old buildings, old boat wrecks and wonderful forests. The ferry leaves from Boothbay Harbor which is also very scenic. Boothbay is due south of Wiscasset (Whis-caaaaaa-sit). Bath is neat, too.

Now that I think about it, there might be a ferry to Monhegan from Camden, too.

Make sure you get to the top of the mountain there in Camden on a clear day, and bring your lunch and sit a spell.

You might want to look for some neat old bridges over the internet, too.

Have fun! My uncle lives in Damariscotta and my trip up is scheduled for Labor Day weekend. I can't wait. (Four 2.25 lb lobsters and 9 lbs of steamers for dinner for two each evening - $60, from the secret lobster store...)

If you can, cook your own lobsters each evening.

Monhegan Island is stunningly gorgeous! Harbor seals, various flora and fauna, bad eagles, neat old buildings, old boat wrecks and wonderful forests. The ferry leaves from Boothbay Harbor which is also very scenic. Boothbay is due south of Wiscasset (Whis-caaaaaa-sit). Bath is neat, too.

Now that I think about it, there might be a ferry to Monhegan from Camden, too.

Make sure you get to the top of the mountain there in Camden on a clear day, and bring your lunch and sit a spell.

You might want to look for some neat old bridges over the internet, too.

Have fun! My uncle lives in Damariscotta and my trip up is scheduled for Labor Day weekend. I can't wait. (Four 2.25 lb lobsters and 9 lbs of steamers for dinner for two each evening - $60, from the secret lobster store...)

If you can, cook your own lobsters each evening.

Pia,

Thank you for the input - boat wrecks, did not think of that. I hope to take lobster shots in Camden harbor and at Lincolnville Lobster Pound and a trip up Mt Battie is always in order. Mark

Latest threads

Top Bottom