Maine.

If you are like me and enjoy maritime photography Maine surely will please you.
What a beautiful State! I spent a week there in 2004 and promised myself to come back and hopefully, I will visit again in October.
I was on my way to Great Harbor when on the side of the road I saw this old lady with lots of ornaments for sale. Although the light was already hard I was curious enough that I decided to take a look. I asked permission to shoot and it was graciously granted after I told her I was from Miami and that her ornaments indeed have caught my eyes.
This was shot with my long gone, but missed D100, using the 50mm f1.8 lens.
On that particular day I spent over one hour looking around and snapping a few pictures. Before I left I thanked the lady who asked me to send her a picture.
This was the one I sent.

Maine.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I used a Gitzo tripod with a Linhof ballhead.
William Rodriguez
Miami, Florida.

Thank you Spalding for your comments. I wish I could fit a 12x18 here but that would be stealing space. Believe me, the enlargements I have done from this file are excellent in spite of being the original a JPEG.
I did not know how good the little 50mm was till I enlarged this file.
William.

I'm leaving for Maine tomorrow morning and I just can't wait. Gear is all packed up and ready to go. Hopefully I will return with a lot of great pics!

I'm leaving for Maine in 30 days, 19 hours, 35 minutes! Yippee! My buddy and I can single-handedly decimate the local lobster and steamer population of Damariscotta, Maine, along with half the town's locally grown corn and tomatoes. And, although we live 1400 miles away, they know us by name in that huge liquor store in New Hampshire on the toll road.

I'm leaving for Maine in 30 days, 19 hours, 35 minutes! Yippee! My buddy and I can single-handedly decimate the local lobster and steamer population of Damariscotta, Maine, along with half the town's locally grown corn and tomatoes. And, although we live 1400 miles away, they know us by name in that huge liquor store in New Hampshire on the toll road.

My kids live in Ellsworth and I have my own parking space at that liquor store...LOL

Pia:
I'll be in Old Orchard Beach from Aug 25 to the 30th. photographing the coast and up to Camden on the 29 for the Windjammer Sail in and festival. You might want to add it to your plans. Don't forget to stop in the Rexall Drug Store next to the post office for that old soda fountain treat!

Gary

Just in Damariscotta yesterday

on my way to and from Monhegan....
Don't forget to plug the River Grill, a favorite stop heading up Rt1, with that quick swing into downtown Damariscotta.

dale

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom