Majestic

Discussion in 'Birds' started by ajacobs2, Jan 4, 2006.

1. ajacobs2

ajacobs2

Nov 22, 2005
    Tampa, Florida, USA
    Alan Jacobson
    Lord of the Jungle.............
    [​IMG]

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    You are right. Same sort of feeling from this pic that I get when I see the Eagles here at their nest. Sort of send chills up your spine.

Welcome to the Cafe BTW. :smile:

3. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Nice shot! I agree with Flew -- sends a chill up your spine -- but not as big as the chill if you were standing near this guy with nothing separating you from him but a little bit of ground! And, welcome to the Cafe!

4. ajacobs2

ajacobs2

Nov 22, 2005
    Tampa, Florida, USA
    Alan Jacobson
    Thank you gentlemen, just the 70-200 with the 1.7, basically hand held.

5. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

You are so right, and the lion's pose reinforces the idea. Good composition. My only nit is the lack of any detail where the lion is in shadow. I don't know if you can bring out some detail with PS or whatever you use, but give it a shot and see if I'm right that it would make a difference.

Gordon

6. I second Gordons suggestion. Otherwise, I really like the pose that the lion gave you.

7. I agree with Gordon you might try d lighting in capture to try and bring out some shadow detail

8. bfjr

bfjr Guest

I'm with Frank, exactly how I feel (when and if I ever see an Eagle) but the shots here carry me through for now :smile:

9. Now I like this as it is. It looks as if he is surveying his kingdom, yet does not want to be too conspicuous.
    If I was to perform anything in photoshop it would be to clone out the tree on the RHS of the picture.
    All Hail to Aslan

BW. Bob F.

10. ajacobs2

ajacobs2

Nov 22, 2005
    Tampa, Florida, USA
    Alan Jacobson
    Thanks for the input. You guys are too kind. On the finished prints a little work was done, I have over sixty shots of this guy, (lots of patience) showing all of the phases a male Lion can go through, the grimacing, yawning, stretching.. When my wife saw this post she said the same thing, that I had a lot in common with the Lion....yawning, grimacing and stretching.... I said nothing..... off to the tigers....

11. Raindog

Raindog

Nov 26, 2005
    Asheville, NC
    Great stuff, Al

We weren't exactly working with the best light that day. Strong light, harsh shadows and lots of beer. It was a lot of fun though.