Make a movie from photos

My son is trying to make a movie using photos of Lego characters as the subjects. I'm not familiar with movie applications. Can anyone tell me what to use in processing the photos into a movie? We tried saving from iPhoto as a quicktime movie but the interval between images was too long and the transition between photos was too long.

I believe iMovie may be the answer but I think I must first translate the jpeg files into something else that iMovie can work with. Is there an app for that?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Pictures to EXE, which is a PC application would allow you to put individual images together in the way you want and allow the time for each "frame" to be adjusted.

There is a MAC version planned soon.

There is also a MAC application for slide shows but I'm not sure how short a duration can be set.

You are looking for slide show software for MAC.

DaveG

I would say iMovie. you can use any pictures that you have and drop them in, adjust the time, add music, add a voiceover, pretty much anything you can think of

Thanks everyone for the replies, I knew this was where I would find an answer to my question. I found the free application, Frame by Frame, to be just what I was looking for (thanks Ron for the link), http://web.mac.com/philipp.brendel/Software/FrameByFrame.html.

After lowering resolution in Elements 6 I imported the photos into the application and hit play. It's simple and it works. If my son really gets into this type of animation then I'll get something more powerful but until then I am content.

Regards,

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom