1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Make a movie from photos

Discussion in 'Apple/Mac' started by C2020, Aug 17, 2009.

1. My son is trying to make a movie using photos of Lego characters as the subjects. I'm not familiar with movie applications. Can anyone tell me what to use in processing the photos into a movie? We tried saving from iPhoto as a quicktime movie but the interval between images was too long and the transition between photos was too long.

I believe iMovie may be the answer but I think I must first translate the jpeg files into something else that iMovie can work with. Is there an app for that?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

2. daveg

daveg

Jul 14, 2008
    UK
    Pictures to EXE, which is a PC application would allow you to put individual images together in the way you want and allow the time for each "frame" to be adjusted.

There is a MAC version planned soon.

There is also a MAC application for slide shows but I'm not sure how short a duration can be set.

You are looking for slide show software for MAC.

DaveG

3. Dries

Dries

Jan 3, 2008
    Belgium
    I think he is looking for software to create a stop-motion video for MAC

4. It is possible to insert stills into iMovie and adjust the time they appear, etc.

5. I would say iMovie. you can use any pictures that you have and drop them in, adjust the time, add music, add a voiceover, pretty much anything you can think of

6. Thanks everyone for the replies, I knew this was where I would find an answer to my question. I found the free application, Frame by Frame, to be just what I was looking for (thanks Ron for the link), http://web.mac.com/philipp.brendel/Software/FrameByFrame.html.

After lowering resolution in Elements 6 I imported the photos into the application and hit play. It's simple and it works. If my son really gets into this type of animation then I'll get something more powerful but until then I am content.

Regards,

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.