Makeshift studio, with a Tammy 2.8

Discussion in 'People' started by thrdprophet, May 22, 2007.

1. thrdprophet

thrdprophet

May 13, 2007
    Modesto, CA
    Was at Wal-Mart fabric dept. and figured I should try to make my living room a stuido with a couple yards of tie dye and a SB-600, with a new 17-50MM 2.8 Tammy on a D200. Of course my 2 year old as a model. I love any CC. Thank you! :smile:
    [​IMG][/IMG]

2. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

the background electrifies this shot.

3. The setup is cool but the hair on her face and lack of eye contact ruins the shot.

4. dgh3

dgh3

Mar 13, 2006
    Syracuse, NY

I can't agree with this comment. I think there are many different kinds of portraits, and not only ones with the model perfectly primped and looking into the lens. I sometimes like candid portraits where the subject is involved in something altogether removed from the photo shoot, which is what I am seeing here. The girl is obviously concerned with doing something or other, and we are observing her doing whatever that is.

I also like to see portraits of people in their normal environment, looking just as they do at that time, as opposed to prepared for the photo shoot, kind of like getting animal shots in Africa as opposed to the zoo. So, I like the hair flying about as this is a capture of what this girls often looks like, what a family member would often see, and is an endearing presentation.

5. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

dgh3, yes. Thats the way I see it too.

6. dtbh

dtbh

Mar 9, 2006
    Malaysia
    Nice background which adds to the beauty of this image. I looked at her hairstyle and I concluded that you had probably wanted to capture her as it was rather than preparing her to be prim and proper. For that I do not mind the loose strands of hair at all. It would be fun showing her this image many years down the road. :wink: