Making more hay with the Goldfinches

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Glacier, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    Doing my best to get them while they are here. All images taken with minus 1-1/3 compensation. These birds are very prone to blown highlights even in cloudy conditions so great care has to be taken to retain highlight detail. I hope you aren't tiring of these little bright beauties.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Holy Cow Andy...beautiful captures. The detail is remarkable. Were these shot from blind? Whatever your gear and settings, don't change a thing...these are perfect.

3. Really very nice Andy. The second one is outstanding

4. I never tire of goldfinches Andy!! I had one goldfinch visit my zinnias all summer. He became accustomed to me as I watched him rip the seed heads apart!!LOL!! I am so tickled because I have over 100 new zinnia seedlings growing in my original pot thanks to the little goldfinch. I guess I won't need to purchase seeds this year!! LOL!! http://www.pbase.com/cympearson/goldfinches

5. Andy these are terrific shots. You sure nailed the exposure and focus on these images.

Louie

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    How could we EVER get tired of beautiful shots like these Andy. Some of the best G-F shots that I've seen yet.

7. Amazing Detail you nailed that exposure right on the money.

Very Nice set!!!

8. Baxter

Baxter

Jan 8, 2007
    Clemson, SC
    Beautifully done. The feather detail is terrific and you captured nice "expressions" too. Good isolation of the subjects, too.

9. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    Very high praise Frank and I thank you very much. These are either from a blind or crouched in/beside a bush.

Thanks Dave.

I checked your photos and you should have a great time photographing your new friends. My wife has Zinnias planted but I haven't seen any birds on them. I showed your photos to her and she said to tell you they were too cute.

Thanks Louie.

Thanks very much Frank. By the way this weekend will be beautiful because I have to work.:rolleyes:

Thanks Gary.

Thanks for taking a look Baxter.