Making new photos look aged

With some basic PhotoShop knowledge and a little patience it's fairly straightforward to renovate an old photograph.

For example:

From this...

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

to this...

View attachment 7545

But a monthly magazine here in the UK, the May edition of Digital Photo, includes a tutorial for going in the opposite direction.

From this...

View attachment 7546

to this...

View attachment 7547

Whaddya think guys?

Thanks Gordon and Bryan.

The little guy is my 3yo grandson and as I'm always telling him, "my favourite boy in the whole world".

His parents (my son and daughter-in-law) are both delighted to be carrying around an "ancient" pic of their first-born in their wallets.

Hi Clive,

Hey is it possible to post the tutorial. I love PS and would like to learn to do the same thing.

Nice work and I can see that the you are very good with PS. I only ever did one retouch of an old pic. Thank God that was not a hard one.

Excellent work Clive! It is really fascinating to bring to "life" these old pictures. I've done all my genealogical tree (some 80 old photos) and I remember I brought many tears to many eyes... :roll:
Well done! :)

Panos Kazanelis said:
I've done all my genealogical tree (some 80 old photos) and I remember I brought many tears to many eyes...
Thanks, Panos.

My wife and I have reasearched our family tree and have recorded literally hundreds (if not thousands!) of forebears but unfortunately we have very, very few photographs of them.

Restored old photos really add to the geneological perspective, don't they?

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom