Making the Most of a Sunrise

Real Name
Dan
Shot these in NZ a couple of years back.

D7200, 16-80mm, tripod mounted, CPL, grad ND

1) Facing the sunrise just before it cleared the clouds on the horizon.
p749937681-5.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2) A few minutes later the direct shot was too bright and clouds/colors had lost their interest. So I turned 90 degrees for this.
p855221268-6.jpg

3) And after a few more minutes the sky was losing its color altogether so I backed away to include more FG material.
p882061756-5.jpg

Real Name
Dan
Gorgeous images Dan.
Thanks, Louie.
All three images are really enjoyable but everything comes together especially well in the first one.
Glad you enjoyed them, Mike. I set up in that spot for the sand ripples and the reflection. The rocks at left of frame are the same ones in the next two shots.
Gee Dan where have you been hiding these? They're fantastic.
Thanks, Bill. I've been cleaning up my website and realized I'd not posted them before. I really need to spend more time on landscapes. But I have to leave the long lenses home or I don't do it :(

Real Name
Dan
These are gorgeous, Dan!! You were so lucky to get such a beautiful sunrise, plus you captured it with such skill!
Thanks, Terri. I was even luckier to be staying in a beachfront AirB/B so I could just look out the window to decide whether it was worth walking the 100 yards down to the spot these were taken :D
These are excellent and work very well together.
Thanks, Allan.
Very beautiful. I always liked the images from my 7200 and 16-80. I would hang any of those in my home.
Thanks, John. Many of my best images were shot with the 7200. Awesome IQ out of that little camera.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom