Critique Makings of chicken cacciatore

Friends are coming over for the evening tomorrow night, which will include their slideshow of their recent trip to Northern Italy. So, the main food event will be an Italian pairing of chicken cacciatore and Brunello di Montalcino.

Setup
The tabletop is a plastic cutting board and the background is white presentation board. A small continuous light lamp was on the left and a medium one was on the right. Both lamps were very close to the scene to create soft shadows.

Mike 2019-11-08--005-S.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Well done, Mike. Every ingredient is clearly visible and sharp with almost no shadows hiding things.

It's been a long time since I've had chicken cacciatore. Your assembled ingredients suggest it's not too complicated. What will you serve it with (besides that wonderful wine, of course)?

Thanks, Jim!

Chicken cacciatore really is very simple to make. All the cutting and chopping takes a bit of time but there's nothing difficult about it. The recipe I use is in the Wine Lover's Cookbook, which is available really cheaply at Amazon. It's my favorite cookbook and it taught me everything I know about pairing wine with food.

For me, chicken cacciatore is a one-dish meal. Plenty of veggies and meat. A lot of people will serve a salad first but that's not my thing. Considering that the evening is sort of an Italian evening, I'll also serve appetizers of canteloupe chunks wrapped in prosciutto. I'll probably pair that with a really fruity Riesling called Eroica made by Chateau St. Michelle.

The recipe I use is in the Wine Lover's Cookbook, which is available really cheaply at Amazon. It's my favorite cookbook and it taught me everything I know about pairing wine with food.
Looks like an interesting cookbook. I have it in my cart at Amazon.com, but before pulling the trigger I checked our local library's online catalog. Surprisingly, I found that I can check out and download an electronic copy, so I'm perusing your recipe at the moment.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom