Critique Makings of Greek Salad with Octopus

I'll make a Greek salad with octopus for lunch with friends Tuesday.

Setup
The tabletop is a floor tile and the background is brown presentation paper. A small continous-light lamp fitted with a diffusion sock was above and on the left.

Mike 2019-07-21--007-S.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
Thank you to Lyndee and Nick!

how are you going to prepare the octopus?
The octopus will be boiled in dry red wine, onions, garlic, a splash of olive oil and three wine corks made of real cork at least 45 minutes. (The Italians insist that the wine corks tenderize the meat but I do it just because it's fun and because my grandfather emigrated from Italy as a small child.) After the meat is boiled, I'll scrape off the skin with a paper towel, not bothering to remove the skin from the suction cups. I'll liberally apply Penzeys Greek Seasoning (fabulous stuff!) and brush some olive oil on the meat. Using a smoking cast iron grill pan, I'll slightly char the meat. I'll cut it into pieces and add it to the Greek salad, probably with the meat at room temperature.

And how do you clean it?
When you buy a large octopus such as this one, begin with lopping off the head and removing and discarding its insides. (Keep the head and cook it.) Where the tentacles join, push out the beak and mouth and discard them. As you can see from the photo, I then cut the tentacles into pairs and freeze them.

Also, what's in the glass?
Penzeys Greek Seasoning

Last edited:

JusPlainCrayzee

Administrator
Administrator
I love Penzey's! In fact, I was there last week to pick up some smoked paprika. Their Greek seasoning is fabulous; I've got to agree with you!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom