Makro Plannar T* 100/2 ZF sample photos, from a Japanese site

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Phil K, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Saw some sample photos here.

It will be available in Japan in May, for about US$1500.

2. rvink

rvink

Mar 21, 2006
    New Zealand
    Lovely lens, with a price to match.

It's an interesting design - a stop faster than most other macro lenses, but only goes to 1:2. I'd regard it more of a fast portrait lens with close focusing than a macro as it does not really go close enough for small subjects.
    Olympus used to make a couple of similar lenses, a 90/2 1:2 macro lens, and a 100/2 APO lens with close focusing ... I wonder how they compare?

3. weiran

weiran

Jan 2, 2007
    Nottingham, UK
    That lens has lovely bokeh, but then it should do for the price.

4. I wouldn't call it lovely, but it does have f/2 so it can definitely give you blur if you want it. I doubt it would give most people a problem...

Looks like an interesting lens, but still in a field that is competing against some of the best lenses by Nikon and other manufacturers. I still sorta hope they have something unique up their sleeve sometime down the line.

5. Bearmont

Bearmont

Feb 28, 2006
    Bellevue, WA
    I dunno...its pretty good.

6. Spoon

Spoon Guest

i like it.

7. Killer flower lens I'd think, if you like to isolate a bloom against a blurred background.

8. PWPhoto

PWPhoto

Jul 21, 2006
    San Diego
    wow thats impressive thanks for sharing!

9. For what a Lester Dine/Kiron 105mm f/2.8 is going for, I think that would be a much better lens for flowers/bokeh if you don't need the extra stop. Even at $300-350 it's the best lens you can buy IMHO.:smile: