Makro Plannar T* 100/2 ZF sample photos, from a Japanese site

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Phil K, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Saw some sample photos here.

It will be available in Japan in May, for about US$1500.

2. rvink

rvink

Mar 21, 2006
    New Zealand
    Lovely lens, with a price to match.

It's an interesting design - a stop faster than most other macro lenses, but only goes to 1:2. I'd regard it more of a fast portrait lens with close focusing than a macro as it does not really go close enough for small subjects.
    Olympus used to make a couple of similar lenses, a 90/2 1:2 macro lens, and a 100/2 APO lens with close focusing ... I wonder how they compare?

3. weiran

weiran

Jan 2, 2007
    Nottingham, UK
    That lens has lovely bokeh, but then it should do for the price.

4. I wouldn't call it lovely, but it does have f/2 so it can definitely give you blur if you want it. I doubt it would give most people a problem...

Looks like an interesting lens, but still in a field that is competing against some of the best lenses by Nikon and other manufacturers. I still sorta hope they have something unique up their sleeve sometime down the line.

5. Bearmont

Bearmont

Feb 28, 2006
    Bellevue, WA
    I dunno...its pretty good.

6. Spoon

Spoon Guest

i like it.

7. Killer flower lens I'd think, if you like to isolate a bloom against a blurred background.

8. PWPhoto

PWPhoto

Jul 21, 2006
    San Diego
    wow thats impressive thanks for sharing!

9. For what a Lester Dine/Kiron 105mm f/2.8 is going for, I think that would be a much better lens for flowers/bokeh if you don't need the extra stop. Even at $300-350 it's the best lens you can buy IMHO.:smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.