Male Cardinal

Discussion in 'Birds' started by mike mac, Apr 17, 2005.

1. Taken this morning with my broken D2H, the metering went yesterday but I continue to shoot in manual till I get to send it away. Will be taking it to the Phillies Game tonight, I have 5th row seats so I figure once I get the exposure right I can just snap away
    Well here is the cardinal they are acting very frisky this AM
    original.
    Date/Time 17-Apr-2005 08:26:23
    Make Nikon
    Model NIKON D2H
    Flash Used No
    Focal Length 420 mm
    Exposure Time 1/200 sec
    Aperture f/7.1
    ISO Equivalent 200
    Exposure Bias
    White Balance (10)
    Metering Mode matrix (5)
    JPEG Quality (6)
    Exposure Program manual (1)

2. I don't know how you do it Mike??? :eek: :eek: :eek: Beautiful lighting and color on your cardinal shot!! WOW!! :D :D :D :D :D

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Hey Mike,

I shot with mine for almost a month after the metering died. You obviously have no problems setting the exposures manually. Heck, if I was you, I'd send it in when it is most convenient. 8) I certainly wouldn't send it in before the game.... :lol:

Nice shot BTW.

Frank

4. thanks Frank only thing in manual mode I do not beleive EV compensation works so you are stuck as far as fine tuning but it is very usable

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Mike,

EV Comp is really nothing more than 1/3 stop adjustments in the shutter speed (assuming that you are shooting in A mode). You can do exactly the same thing in M mode. Instead of adjusting the EV, you just adjust the shutter speed directly. Exactly the same results.

Frank

6. Bubba

Bubba

Apr 12, 2005
    Alabama
    AsoLUTEly beautiful. I love to watch the cardinals back home. I don't see nearly as many living in town. This one is a wonderful shot.

7. you continue to amaze me, Mike. nicely done

8. Great capture, nice catchlight in his eye. He looks very healthy and perky, but then again, it IS spring! *LOL*

9. Very nice color, detail and composition Mike. Well done.

10. Why thank you these guys have been vry elusive I tink the fact that they are in love puts down there defences

11. Well thanks it is just a matter of perseverance waiting for them to come close and sit still

12. Yes I try to get catch lights in all my Birdie shots it adds that extra pop, these guys should be healthy they eat about $10.00 of food a week :wink:

13. thanks Gordon they keep coming closer soon I will get one for my portfolio

14. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Amazing color Mike! Especially on the beak - wow!