Male Woodduck..landing sequence

Got this action yesterday morning at one of the local ponds that is beginning to have some action around it.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Louie

Really excellent, Louie. We've been seeing a few woodies around here but they are extremely shy. I guess the fact that duck hunting season runs up into early February doesn't help their attitude.

The more I look at that 1st pic Louie the more impressed I am. I know a lot of this is right place right time but you delivered, many wouldn’t/couldn’t

Good ones. I like the position of the duck in 1 bet but I like 2 best due to water drops.
Thanks very much Allan, these were sure fun to watch and get the opportunity to shoot.

Really excellent, Louie. We've been seeing a few woodies around here but they are extremely shy. I guess the fact that duck hunting season runs up into early February doesn't help their attitude.
Thanks very much Dan, duck hunters not being around does help in keeping them calm. I was surprised that they pretty much stayed out in front of me long enough to get these shots.

WOW! Superb sequence! I have to ask....were you hand holding that 600mm+1.4+D5 combo? :eek:
I most appreciate your comments Karen, thank you. Are you kidding, no way I could hand hold my 600 combo it was secured to my tripod.

Those are off the charts Louie.....perfect pose, great light, low angle, sharp, great colors, simply superb images
Thank you Randy very much not only for your comments, which mean a great deal to me but also for nominating this set for a featured shot.

Stunning, absolutely stunning!
Thank you Connie.

Gorgeous! I have yet to see a wood duck!
Appreciate your comments Dianne, thanks.

Very nice, great light enough shutter speed to really freeze them, textbook!
Most appreciated Andreas, did my best on this shot and the light just happened to be to my back.

Great series!
Thanks Jeff.

Wonderful series!
Thank you very much Dan.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom