1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

mall program for focal range statistics

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by nht800, Sep 25, 2008.

1. nht800

nht800

Aug 26, 2008
    Missouri, USA
    Hi,

I'm looking for a small program for focal range statistics of all of my photos. Would you recommend me one? Thanks
    Sorry if this qestions repeated and posted in wrong forum.

Sorry typo error, the title should be "Small program...."

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2008
  2. I would like this information also. I know it was was discussed before, but unfortunately the search function is no help.

3. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
  4. nht800

nht800

Aug 26, 2008
    Missouri, USA
    Rich and Ricky,
    Thank you very much!
    Great program !That's exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks a lots

5. AviSys

AviSys

Mar 31, 2008
    Placitas, NM
    Thanks a lot for that tip.

My wife has a D70 with 18-200 lens. She shoots almost exclusively garden club (150 members) monthly meetings indoors -- which she posts on the web site she runs for them.

I've often wondered how she actually uses that lens, and whether another lens selection, faster lens but not so wide a range, might serve her better to help with issues such as autofocus in dim light, depth of field, flash reach, etc.

Compiling the statistics of 550 images over several months has been very helpful in that examination. ExposurePlot is terrific.

I'm considering a D90, to give her much higher ISO to loosen up the options a bit, and can now make a rational decision about a suitable new lens, or to stick with the 18-200.

6. Rich & Ricky

Thanks for the quick response. I know (believe I do) what lens I will be buying this weekend, but I wanted to double check some of my favorite pics first.

7. nht800

nht800

Aug 26, 2008
    Missouri, USA
    I just installed the program. It's awesome! Now I know exactly which range I mostly shoot and save $ for my next lens . One thing I'm not sure is that it will reduce my lens lust or increase it ??? :) 
    Thanks again.

8. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    rich beat me by seconds to post the link :smile:

i haven't done an analysis in some time, but i probably should again since i got the D3 and my shooting habits have probably changed a little. one thing i noticed when i ran this software some time ago is that i mostly shoot at the ends if i'm using a zoom lens, with some shots in the middle.

ricky

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.