Mallard in Flight

Discussion in 'Birds' started by PGB, Dec 3, 2005.

1. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Its been awhile since I had anything to post in the bird forum. Actually, its been awhile since I have posted any pictures of wildlife. Its raining today so I was going through some old shots and found some I hadn't processed yet.

Here is a Mallard that I liked.

Hope you enjoy.

[​IMG]

2. Nice shot, Patrick! I like the movement in the wings contrasting with the sharpness in the rest of the bird!! Post more!!

3. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Thanks Kevin, I really enjoy capturing these Mallards at our local pond. They are quite cooperative usually.

Regards,

4. Nice shot Patrick! I like the wing action...

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful shot Patrick.

I went out for a bit today.. Guess they will go in the trash after seeing this one :<(((((

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Well I might keep just a couple :>)))

7. excellent my friend!

8. WOW! nice wing action

9. This one shows motion perfectly perfectly focused with the motion in the wings, I can see it speeding by you and boy do they haul a$$

10. Beautiful, very nice wing action.

11. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Thanks everyone. Yes, the are pretty fast. Fortunatly when they are coming in to eat the feed that Frank throws out they are decelerating nicely.

Regards,

12. So what does he feed the GBH's down at Guntersville I can see him at the bait store loading up!!!! :eek:

13. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Mike, (and all)
    I used to feed a GBH, I called Big Bird, 12 Finger Mullett every morning. He waited at my door for them.. Sometimes he was on my car waiting for me. If he wasn't there all I had to do was call Bigggg Bird where are you, and here he would come walking down the street with that big stride of thiers and get his treat.

Geeeeezzz I loved it. They are such a great and nice bird :>))))) I hand fed him. They are very gentle. (if you know what your doing)

When I ran out of fish, he would walk to the river with me and my fishing gear while I caught fish, cleaned them and fed to him :>))

No it did not stop him from his natural everyday hunting. I saw him eat snakes and all kinds of stuff. He was very territorial as well.. should have seen him chase a Great Ergret. Talk about yellll ...wow.

Cheers My Friends. Just a litle story.

14. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Well from some of his shots of flips it would seem like he feeds them Catfish, or Largemouth Bass.

Seriously, we don't have to feed the GBH at the dam. The generators do all of the work for us.

Thanks,

15. Patrick, I always love the way you get the most out of your ducks. Another great shot.

16. bfjr

bfjr Guest

great use of motion in a still image
    very well done !!

17. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Thanks Ben! This was the frame before this shot which one me a Challenge on Motion here on the Cafe.

ch12-1.%20patrick%20bramlett%20flying%20at%20the%20speed%20of%20mallard.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017