Mallard

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Hovmod, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Hovmod

Hovmod

Aug 11, 2008
    Norway
    2905297106_7c4a81def9_b.

I had to do something about a weird green reflection in front of it. Is that very obvious?

2. Hovmod

Hovmod

Aug 11, 2008
    Norway
    shite?

3. Tor, you took this under rather difficult light and considerably well. No obvious traces of a green reflection for me.
    Things I would try in post processing is to open up the shadows a bit, if possible, to bring out a bit more detail of the head. The colors look as if the reds are a tad strong, maybe fine adjusting the white balance may help here.
    For the composition I would try, if possible, to find a perspective with a less distracting background.
    I hope you don't feel frustated now, but as you asked for critique and nobody else answered I thought I'd write down my thoughts.

Oh, and I like those ducks :smile: So, very nice subject. :wink:

4. Hovmod

Hovmod

Aug 11, 2008
    Norway
    Ah, thanks.
    The sun was quite low and came in from the left, making the red-brown lake bottom very .. uh ... radiant? Vivid? It looked like that, kind of...
    I agree about the background being busy, but I didn't want to blur it or anything. I like the way the water behaves right above his back.
    I'll try to adjust shadows a little, see if the head pops more.
    This wasn't cropped at all, I was quite close to him. Hard to get a better perspective, though. I was on a path and there was bushes and shite between us. :D 

Thanks, Daniel. Not frustrated at all. I'm an obsessed newbie and a sponge for knowledge - tips are greatly appreciated.

5. Who wouldn't love a mallard???? :biggrin::biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.