mallards were flying this evening

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Greg, May 19, 2005.

1. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    Even though it was overcast I got a couple shots and a whole lot of practice tracking hand held with the 70-200 with tc14.

When they are to close they are just to dang close. But then I was a bit slow
    [​IMG]

this one is better just could use a bit more sunlight
    [​IMG]

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Greg,

That first one looks just like most of my shots.... :lol:

The second is excellent. I like the expression on his face. If it were me, I'd probably adjust the WB a little to try to get rid of the slight green cast, but the shot itself is great. Looks like you are warming up to that new set-up very well. Pretty awesome, huh?

Are you going to try to go to the pond in the morning (if it isn't raining)?

3. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Greg...Frank....

We must be related. Me and my gimpy knee tried to shoot a couple ducks last night and I cut heads off thre of them.

In fact, not only was one of them headless, but he also flew with only one wing :)

4. Greg;

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who is sometimes a bit slow with my trigger finger.

Love the second shot.

Brian

5. You fist image gave me a good laugh Greg. Glad to see you caught up to that bird on your second one. Way to go boy.

6. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Haaa...I'm just glad to see the poor duck wasn't permanantly injured from Greg's shooting! lol!
    Yeah, that second shot is a keeper for sure! Nice job Greg!

7. WHOA!! Very nice shootin' Greg!! :D :D :D