mama eagle showing

Watching the chicks practice flying, Now she is showing off for the camera.
cropped a little

133058595.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
Good points, this is just a crop of the jpg out of the camera, will try to do an edit of nef later. You just have to talk to them................and luck into the right time/place. I check on their activity a couple times or more aweek and try not to force anything.
She is calmer this year but still Crazy.
Reposted and this is the original. Thanks

133053883.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually I would not get that close normally. But if you stand in the wrong place she will fly at you or come down and land clase to you. In this instance she sat there 30-40 min. This perch is across the road from the nest tree and seems to be her throne. She was watching the chicks practice for the most part but would glare at me occassionally.
It is a big crop of course.
Thanks for looking

The crop works well for this photo, although it does look a touch over-cropped. The drama of the shot makes it work. The second version you posted does look the best.

Thanks Baxter for the detailed response, I guess it is artistic freedom and personal preference. Some will like it and others will not-what makes the world go round. Allen knows his processing and the second version shows his good help.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom