1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Mammoth Hotsprings in YNP

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by leifw, Jul 9, 2008.

1. leifw

leifw

Jul 25, 2007
    Bozeman, MT
    DSC_8658.

I like it, but something feels off to me. Do you have any suggestions?

2. I would cut out some of the foreground. I like the sky, tree, and mist but the foreground is just too much.

3. leifw

leifw

Jul 25, 2007
    Bozeman, MT
    Thanks, Norm.

4. Ron S

Ron S Guest

Cool shot, looks like some other planet!

I think just straighten the horizon and it's all good :) 

5. rocksgirl

rocksgirl Guest

I agree with slrshooter, there's just too much foreground, other than that it's gorgeous.

6. leifw

leifw

Jul 25, 2007
    Bozeman, MT
    Thanks, Ron. Thanks, Christy. I'll fiddle with it and post a new copy.

7. Interesting in that when I look at the foreground, it looks like a hot, desert salt flat, and the top of the image looks so cool and alpine!

Sean

8. leifw

leifw

Jul 25, 2007
    Bozeman, MT
    Taking into account what folks said, I fiddled with it.
    DSC_8658-1.

I think it still seems a little soft to me, after fiddling with it. I was dumb and shot it at f/2.8 accidentally. I don't think there's any fixing that.

9. Interesting image. It looks as if the camera was tilted, but perhaps it's an artifact of the topography

Cheers,

Larry

10. Since you're asking........................I would love the picture except it's tilted and way too soft for my taste.

11. leifw

leifw

Jul 25, 2007
    Bozeman, MT
    Yeah, I can't seem to fix the tilt. The terrain is actually pretty "tilted" there. Rotating it so that the "near horizon" is level makes it look really funny.

Thanks for the feedback, Chris.

12. No sweat..........just an opinion.:wink:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.