Manama Skyline

The view of the skyline of Manama, Bahrain, from across the Bahrain Bay, is dominated by the twin towers of the World Trade Centre.

D850 @ ISO 100
AF-D Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D
1/320 @ F/4.5
ON1 PhotoRAW & DxO ViewPoint
850_0579_ON1_DxOVP-R_small.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
Great take on those towers, Dayo!
Interesting toning that I find really effective here.

Thanks for the comment @Bart

These went up after the atrocity in New York and I had a small role in validating the vehicular circulation for planning permission. Found out that there are over 300 other WTC buildings around the world with over 50 in the USA.

Unfortunately, these towers were also touched by tragedy as after completion, the British Engineering Firm that was lead designer went on a celebratory dinner cruise and tragically lost several members of staff when the dhow capsized.

Thanks for your gracious comment, @dossy

@Mike Buckley, Thanks for the commenting. The horizontal structures are only there to hold the wind turbines incorporated into the building.
AB-4-ZN_ON1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Great capture of this remarkable structure, Dayo!
Looks like an environmentally friendly design.

Hi Dayo. Your second shot looks great. The first image is very nice too, but to tell you the truth the blur is not to my taste, but this is just me. It is a very nice scene for long exposure photography. If I was there I would certainly use my ND filter to make the water look flat.

Latest threads

Top Bottom