1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Manassas Battlefield in IR

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by louieescobar, Jul 14, 2008.

1. I've been craving to shoot some IR landscapes today, I went to Manassas Battlefield park and took some photos.

Sharing with everybody, comments and critiques are very much appreciated.

2669775990_60dc4ec38a_b.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2669756806_dcfc6eef22_b.jpg

2. 3whiteroses

3whiteroses

May 23, 2008
    Maryland
    Beautiful images. I really feel like there is movement in the first image - which I like very much. The grass seems to be leading me into the photo.

The second image I like the contrast with the canon's.

I do understand that feeling that you need to shoot IR - I get like that too.

3. Thank you Angela....on the 1st image....I was under the tree 's shadow when I took the shot.

4. Gnarl

Gnarl

Jun 25, 2008
    Fairfax, VA
    Hey Louie, those are great! Can't decide which one I like best.

5. Both very nice images, love the clouds in the second one.

6. ArtO

ArtO

Jun 14, 2008
    Florida
    Great images. The first is my favorite.

7. KristinB

KristinB

Apr 12, 2007
    Stafford, VA
    Louie,

Terrific shots! Did you use different filters in each one, or just different PP?

8. Thank you George. I'll be posting some more.

Thank you Gordon

Thanks Art

Hi Kristin, nope I didn't use any kind of filters. It's just straight from the camera then used CS3 for post processing using levels, hue saturation and sharpening.

9. Another take from the Battlefield.....(My favorite)

333803113_qakPd-X3.jpg

10. Beautiful images Louie:wink:

11. Thank you Sal.

12. KeithR

KeithR

Jun 21, 2008
    Minnesota
    When you say straight from the camera, did you mean from your IR cameras or you non modified camera.
    If they're from the non mod cam:smile: what where your settings?

13. Hi Keith...It's straight from my modified IR Nikon D70s camera with colored enhanced IR filter. The most important setting for me is the white balance set to incandescent WB at f/8- f/16 with a shitter speed of 160-250 in RAW.

Post Process follows up using CS3 and played with levels and saturation.

14. Great shots.

15. More brilliant shots! You've really got an amazing eye for composition.

BUT....

I propose a new rule in this forum (We can call it the "Louie Rule":biggrin:: For each IR shot that Louie posts, he must divulge which IR camera he used to take the shot. That'll let us know which filter (standard or deep IR) was used to create the image.

16. Jon Neely

Jon Neely

Sep 1, 2008
    Fresno, Ca
    Oh Dear, I think I am in love.

Well done sir...

Jon

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.