1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Manfrotto 190xprob and Nikon 300mm AF f4

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by Sissel77, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Sissel77

Sissel77

Dec 23, 2008
    Norway
    I do currently have a cheap e-bay Dynatran AT 828 with a pistol head for my tripod work. The tripod is quite solid, but on the heavy side. And since I have started more and more to photograph macros in natural light and use tripod more and more, I am thinking of getting the Manfrotto 190xprob. This tripod is reasonably priced and it is a bit on the lighter side. It also seem to have a nice functionality for getting low down when doing macro work. But what I am wondering about, is how the tripod would hold a Nikon D80 and a Nikon AF 300mm f4. And maybe with a D300 instead of D80 with time?

2. I have a 190xdb that i am happy with. I bought mine at Berger bros for around a $100. I am not a big tripod user so didnt want to drop a lot on something that i will not use much. I have a 300/4 afs that it supports without trouble on my d300. I think max weight is around 11 pounds. HTH...

3. Sissel77

Sissel77

Dec 23, 2008
    Norway
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.