Manfrotto 345 Table Top Kit

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by zenstate, Sep 23, 2008.

1. zenstate

zenstate

Jul 31, 2008
    Canada
    Hello,

I wasn't able to find much discussion on portable table top tripod options for DSLRs, so I thought I'd give you a mini-review of my new purchase...

I had been looking for a decent portable table top tripod for my D300 + 16-85VR combo - primarily for minimalist travel purposes. After many hours online, I had narrowed it down to two options, the gorillapod SLR, and the Manfrotto 345 kit.

In the end I went for the Manfrotto, as the gorillapod looked less stable, and slightly bulkier. I couldn't be more pleased. The 345 kit consists of the following:

1. Digi Table Tripod 209
    2. Mini-Ball Head 482
    3. Extension 259B

I was impressed with the build quality - very solid and it feels good to use. The mini-ball head is not perfect, and it is not a rock solid connection with the camera, but for my travel shots, it should work just fine.

It's absolutely tiny, and the supplied carrying case packs everything away neatly. The extension is also suprisingly useful, and I can see myself using it often.

I just didn't see any real info on this mini tripod when I researched, so I thought I'd give my thoughts with the hope that it may help others out that are looking for something similar.

If you have any questions or want more info, feel free to ask.

Cheers,
    -S

[​IMG]