1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Manhantan

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by d10redwolf, Aug 13, 2009.

1. d10redwolf

d10redwolf

Apr 13, 2009
    China
    I am in NYC for a tour this weekend. I remember somewhere some how I heard about a Flagship store of Nikon in the downtown. However I couldn't find anything on it.

Can someone help me please?

Thanks in advance.

2. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    I would go to B&H Photo on 9th Ave, between 33rd and 34th streets, your tongue will be hanging out. Friday's, I believe they close around 1pm or 2pm, and they're closed on Saturdays.

3. That store closed many years ago. Here's a recent discussion on it:
    https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=230594

Best place to see Nikon stuff is B&H, as Zee71 mentioned.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  4. d10redwolf

d10redwolf

Apr 13, 2009
    China
    Damn, they don't open on weekends?!?!? That sucks. I will only be there on the weekends.

5. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    Calumet on W21, (I think that's the block), is open on Saturdays. That's a good store too with comparible prices to B&H. On some items.

If memory serves me right the store os on W21 between 5th and 6th Aves.

6. d10redwolf

d10redwolf

Apr 13, 2009
    China
    YEAH!!! I will be visiting on sunday!!!

7. go to b&h first. that store is crazy. the showroom has literally everything you can want to touch and play with on display. If there is a lens you are interested in handling, you can just go to the counter (one of like 30). and they literally have multiple copies sitting behind it. their bin distribution system is crazy too.

8. danameless

danameless

May 9, 2009
    NYC
    B&H is a definite must - make sure you keep your Sunday afternoon free when your there. I wasted about 2hrs there one time just trying out all of the tripods (there are about 100 tripods on display). Everything is on display so you can try anything out. You don't even need to bring your camera if you don't want to since they have test bodies for you to use. They close early on Fridays (2pm) and closed on Saturdays in observance of the Jewish religion I believe. Adorama is the same thing, which is on 18th Street between 5th and 6th.

If you want to go to a camera place on Saturday, there is K&M Camera on Broadway by the Chinatown area. It's not a good or big as B&H, but prices are reasonable and worth a stop by if your around there.

http://www.kmcamera.com/

9. Leave the credit cards at home.

10. danameless

danameless

May 9, 2009
    NYC
    That would be torture. Take 1 credit card with you that has a $5,000 limit and your good to go! :biggrin:

11. TheHundreds

TheHundreds

Jun 26, 2008
    NYC
    B&H and Adorama should be your choices when you come here, Adorama is not a flagship store but it has a good reputation.

12. AEDigman

AEDigman

Jan 23, 2007
    West Virginia
    I was in NY last week and went to B&H. Even if you leave the credit cards at home, it's well worth the subway ride to see it. It's a well-oiled machine when it comes to customer service and moving merchandise from point a to point b.....

Have fun!!

13. lexdiamonnyc

lexdiamonnyc

Mar 23, 2009
    nj/nyc
    it's on 22nd between 5th and 6th, there's a place called Aspen a few doors down that has good food & drinks :smile:

sometimes Camulet has photo exhibits upstairs..........

as other have said, B&H is a must........once you walk in it'll be :eek: 

14. d10redwolf

d10redwolf

Apr 13, 2009
    China
    I can't wait till tomorrow!!! I am looking to do some damage on my credit card!!! Looking to get a camera/laptop backback, a wide angle lens. LOL I am going to LOVE IT

15. danameless

danameless

May 9, 2009
    NYC
    When you go in B&H, make the first left and go straight to the second floor. That's where all the good stuff is!

16. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    :wink: Thanx, couldn't remember for sure.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.