1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Manhattan (from Weehawken, NJ)

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by kpstatz, Jul 22, 2008.

1. kpstatz

kpstatz

May 13, 2008
    NYC
  2. Wow! That's a lot of images for a pano!

The image is kind of small but it looks like you got a full 180 degree sweep.

MikeT

3. very nice... i would crop the left side from the fence/flag over.

4. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hey that looks familar. Very nicey done ! I really like how you were able to capture the sports field and players on the right :) 

5. kpstatz

kpstatz

May 13, 2008
    NYC
    Thanks a lot, Mike! The image looks small on this website, but pls check out the original (broadband) version, it's measures are 21,645 x 2,786 pixels.

6. kpstatz

kpstatz

May 13, 2008
    NYC
    Thank you, Leung! I agree, the fence is distracting, so here's a cropped version (lost the San Remo building, but hey...):

337556263_UPU97-X3.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

7. kpstatz

kpstatz

May 13, 2008
    NYC
    Thanks you much, rfc! I thought that you'd recognize the vista (I saved the location information you had posted some time ago on another forum; I actually credited you for the location on that forum).

Here's another one from the same evening, taken with the 70-300VR (the sunset was not very spectacular, assume I'll have to come back some day):

335293217_ejczH-X3.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Original size (broadband): http://kps.smugmug.com/gallery/5483342_phqd2/1/337556263_UPU97#335293217_ejczH-O-LB

8. Gorgeous!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.