Manhattan Panorama at Night (large image )

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by RFCGRAPHICS, May 26, 2005.

1. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Here is a 180 degree panorama of Manhattan and the Hudson River taken off my balcony in New Jersey. It consists of 15 exposures taken with a 'lowly old' D100 & 70-200VR.

Exposure information : Each frame - nikkor 70-200VR at 70mm, 6sec, F/8, Iso 200, incandescent WB, tone low contrast, normal sharpening, noise reduction on, sRGB.

Stiching performed in Realviz Sticher 4.0 and post processed in Adobe Photoshop CS2.

The weather was 57 degrees F, 93 percent humidity which resulted in a somewhat hazy atmosphere around midtown. I will have to try this when it is clearer outside, maybe during a full moon :).

original.

For larger view
    http://www.pbase.com/rfcd100/image/43917609/original

Regards

RFC

2. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    hi robert-

sweet pan, you have a great view from your place. the 70-200mm does great pans, have you tried some at 200mm?

ricky

3. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi Fks.

This was my first attempt on a night time panorama of this size. I will have to try it at 200mm as per your suggestion. I would assume it would be more difficult because of parallax errors but we shall see :)

Thanks for the comments and suggestions

Regards

RFC

4. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Very nice pano... You should be very proud of it.

5. Impressive! What a job this must have been to stitch! You certainly have a lovely view.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

6. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Wow I envy your view from your balcony every minute something different to see.

Outstanding RFC as usual