Manhattan the other day

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by twig, May 28, 2005.

1. twig

twig

May 23, 2005
    sorry, I live here, so I take way too many pics wandering around.

This pair of towers I like, it is near Lincoln Center,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And this is the view of the Empire State building over Bryant Park. I really dig the building on the left, which I call the "ghostbusters" building, but I dont really know what it is. One other interesting note is that these pictures were taken the same day as I walked home from Lincoln Center, so probably an hour apart, pretty big change in the weather, it has sucked all week until today.
    [​IMG]

2. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    Hi twig,

I like the last picture in particular, although the weather started to play bad on you. The "Ghostbusters building" is a fitting name.

NY is a great city - wish I would get there more often, but my business and private travel are nearly always destined to Europe.

Thanks for posting!

3. Cory Cooper

Cory Cooper

May 24, 2005
    Salem, NH
    The "Ghostbusters building" is actually the American Standard (Radiator) Building on West 40th between 5th and 6th Avenues.

American Standard makes radiators. It was built in the 1924 and is constructed with black brick.

C