Manhattan tonight

Nice sky over mid town today, here are some pics

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

And this one from earlier today

And one NYC resident I met,

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you Phil, that is nice of you to say.

That building is near Madison Square Park, and every evening it looks fantastic around sunset, with the gold roof (which has it's own reddish flood lights), in the rose of the evening sky. It used to be an office building, but it just went condo.

It is only a few blocks from my house, so I camp out from 7:30-8:30 usually to see how it looks, and today I was testing out my new (to me, thanks Steve S) d2H.

Your "new" D2H you say!? Sounds familiar!

I really like all these shots Twig. Love the 2nd and it's golden tower. Wish I could see a bit more detail below. Have you tried dialing up the midtones a touch, or would that mess up the overall feel of it?Love the Pug shot too. My grandma used to have one....aptly named....Pug! Enjoy the cam, you're making it proud!

Your "new" D2H you say!? Sounds familiar!

I really like all these shots Twig. Love the 2nd and it's golden tower. Wish I could see a bit more detail below. Have you tried dialing up the midtones a touch, or would that mess up the overall feel of it?Love the Pug shot too. My grandma used to have one....aptly named....Pug! Enjoy the cam, you're doing a good job with it, considering it's your first day out with that beast!!

A

AndyWoodward

Great shots Twig. The first two I particularly like.

In the first one, I might be tempted to "lose" the street light sticking out towards the bottom, it seems to somehow draw my eye too much.

Great shooting,

Andy

Really great shots.

Very dramatic color on the sunsets.
First one is excellent

I agree with the lamp post :>))) lol

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom