Manhattan tonight

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by twig, May 27, 2005.

1. twig

twig

May 23, 2005
    Nice sky over mid town today, here are some pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And this one from earlier today

[​IMG]

And one NYC resident I met,

[​IMG]

2. nice work, I especially like the light in the second one

3. twig

twig

May 23, 2005
    Thank you Phil, that is nice of you to say.

That building is near Madison Square Park, and every evening it looks fantastic around sunset, with the gold roof (which has it's own reddish flood lights), in the rose of the evening sky. It used to be an office building, but it just went condo.

It is only a few blocks from my house, so I camp out from 7:30-8:30 usually to see how it looks, and today I was testing out my new (to me, thanks Steve S) d2H.

4. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Your "new" D2H you say!? Sounds familiar!

I really like all these shots Twig. Love the 2nd and it's golden tower. Wish I could see a bit more detail below. Have you tried dialing up the midtones a touch, or would that mess up the overall feel of it?Love the Pug shot too. My grandma used to have one....aptly named....Pug! Enjoy the cam, you're making it proud!

5. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Your "new" D2H you say!? Sounds familiar!

I really like all these shots Twig. Love the 2nd and it's golden tower. Wish I could see a bit more detail below. Have you tried dialing up the midtones a touch, or would that mess up the overall feel of it?Love the Pug shot too. My grandma used to have one....aptly named....Pug! Enjoy the cam, you're doing a good job with it, considering it's your first day out with that beast!!

6. AndyWoodward

AndyWoodward Guest

Great shots Twig. The first two I particularly like.

In the first one, I might be tempted to "lose" the street light sticking out towards the bottom, it seems to somehow draw my eye too much.

Great shooting,

Andy

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Really great shots.

Very dramatic color on the sunsets.
    First one is excellent

I agree with the lamp post :>))) lol

8. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS