Manitoba Provincial Flower - at last!

Hi All

The Manitoba provincial flower is the Prairie Crocus, Anemone patens. After a colder than average beginning to April they are finally blooming. Unfortunately their flowering period is very short.

These are from Whiteshell Provincial Park East of Winnipeg. This is shield country but these prairie beauties are found in a few spots there.

Cheers,

Larry

Prairie Crocus

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

FOA - beautiful image of a beautiful, delicate flower.

But, I would never have thought that this is genus Anemone. If I would find something like that here in Europe I would call it Pulsatilla. One should never judge plants according to superficial similarity, especially when they are from a different continent :smile: - lesson learned.

Cheers

Hi Harry

I have books using Anemone and Pulsatilla for this species, so you are not wrong. Either way it's great to see them blooming in the spring. :smile:

Cheers,

Larry

FOA - beautiful image of a beautiful, delicate flower.

But, I would never have thought that this is genus Anemone. If I would find something like that here in Europe I would call it Pulsatilla. One should never judge plants according to superficial similarity, especially when they are from a different continent :smile: - lesson learned.

Cheers

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom