Many Glacier, Glacier National Park

Our trip to Glacier was very smoky and photo opportunities were few. My favorite area was Many Glacier. We had to drive on a dirt road under construction to get there. There was a fairly big delay. But when I saw the beautiful area I knew the bad drive was worth it. I wish the visibility had been better, but it gives us a reason to return. We only had time for a short 3 mile walk around the lake.

#1 The beautiful lodge
_DSC0740-Edit.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

#2 Flowers in front of the lodge
_DSC0743.jpg

#3 Lights inside the Lodge
_DSC0751-Edit.jpg

#4 Vegetation on the hike around the lake
DSC_8171-Edit.jpg

#5. The bugs loved this one
DSC_8177.jpg

#6 Looking across the lake toward the lodge
DSC_8183-Edit.jpg

#7 Evidence of beavers
DSC_8192.jpg

JLH

Terri: You find beauty in every place you go.
Thanks for always sharing.

Real Name
Andy
WE had to cancel our planned camping trip to GNP due to a scheduling conflict. In fact we would have been there about the same time as you visited. Thanks for sharing photos of your trip. As others, I like #6. It is the classic "hero shot."

Love #6.
Did you try the dehaze filter in whatever software you use? It can often improve these hazy type images.
I would get rid of all the boaters except the one standup paddle board. If dehaze works, this would be a great print. If not, I hope you can go back- beautiful area nicely captured.
gary

Beautifully done, Terri.
Thank you, Jim!!
#6 is awesome (y)
Thank you, West!! I loved that view of the lodge.
Wonderful, brings back so many memories from the 1970s! #6 is Glacier personified!
Thank you!! Did you spend time in Glacier in the 70s?
Wonderful set of images Terri, #6 is a superb image.
Thank you, Louis!!
WE had to cancel our planned camping trip to GNP due to a scheduling conflict. In fact we would have been there about the same time as you visited. Thanks for sharing photos of your trip. As others, I like #6. It is the classic "hero shot."
Hopefully you can go back when the smoke is gone
Love #6.
Did you try the dehaze filter in whatever software you use? It can often improve these hazy type images.
I would get rid of all the boaters except the one standup paddle board. If dehaze works, this would be a great print. If not, I hope you can go back- beautiful area nicely captured.
gary
I did use dehaze. The original is so much more hazy. I did get rid of the boaters. That was a great suggestion. I'm sure we will go back. Hopefully we can find a time to go when conditions will be good. I thought the end of July would be good when I made the reservations early in the year. But the drought has caused so many early fires this year.

Real Name
Mike
#3 & 6 win my heart. I love log/timber buildings. The structure and backdrop of the mtns is spectacular.

+1 on what others have said. Six really shows what a beautiful location it is.

BTW, we had haze from the firs all the way to the east coast in NH.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom