many opportunities this morning at the pond.

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Greg, May 8, 2005.

1. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    Met Frank at the pond this morning. started out a bit slow but then the mallards took to flight and really kept out heads spinning. Here is the best of what I have but the way Frank was carrying on I can't wait to see his from this morning.

A little side slip to loose that altitude.
    [​IMG]

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Greg,

You nailed this guy. This has got to be my favorite flight position. Legs and wings splayed all over the place, looking like 'oops, where do I go now?'.

Outstanding catch. Looks like you had a good day too. 8)

3. WOW Greg....that is one big mallard. I know the ducks at the pond are well fed. That looks like one of the bigger mallards. Nice detailed capture. :D :D :D :D

4. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    This guy looks like he's flying a little lopsided.
    Sorry I missed you yesterday/this morning. Maybe we can meet next time.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Good shot Greg,

Yeah he does look like he is trying to make up his mind wich way to goooo...lol

6. Looks like, o h crap, who is that guy with the canon pointing at me, urchhhhhh brakes on. LOL.............they are fast, I have a new respect for shooting ducks, atleast geese are a tad slower. LOL

7. Nice work, Greg. And Keith, Let's watch our mouth - didn't you use the C word!! :roll:

8. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    I like the water droplets from the legs on this one. Nice capture a little grainy but I like it.

thanks,

9. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    I'm going to have to get a sitter for the boys and go out there one of these mornings!

10. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Leigh,

You already have a sitter. His name is Patrick.... :lol:

11. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    pick pick pick, OK, I'll work on the grain later in PS. was using the bigma at f/8 so had the ISO cranked up to 400. 200 was just a bit to slow for these guys and I can't go in between. I may have found a solution to the slow lens. I'll have to try it again. That's the beauty of digital. You don't have to spend all that time in the darkroom or over the light table. But don't ya'll just long for the fresh smell of acetic acid and c-41?

And Leigh, you're welcome anytime. We may even chip in to buy you breakfast. but if they are flying like they were on Sunday it may be 11 or so.

12. I like it, capturing flying birds and fowl is not the easiest thing although some are masters at it.
    I would live to have just watched you and Frank from a distance, that might have made a picture of its own.