Many thanks to all of you!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Catz, Mar 7, 2005.

1. Since I have joined the cafe, I have been very happy here. To be honest with you, The Nikon forum at DPR scares the heck out of me over there. I get so afraid of posting over there that some mean troll will post something mean to me and I am one that gets hurt very easily if yelled at. Criticism is one thing but yelling and no common sense is another.

Everyone is so helpful here and since I have never owned a Nikon before, everyone here has some really good guidance. For example, Andreas is helping me with some settings on the X to help guide me along the way until I can find what works for me. Rich and I are trying to get a group together to go to DC for the Cherry Blossom Festival so we can learn from each other. (me more probably than others :) ) so I just wanted to express a few words here and my thoughts.

Also the last important mention is thanks to Frank and Patrick for this wonderful, wonderful Website.

Melissa

2. This place is NOT completley without yelling.....
    I say this because I'm about to YELL.....
    I'VE BEEN HOLDING MY BREATH WAITING FOR IMAGES FROM THIS NEW UNIT AND I'M STARTING TO TURN BLUE....
    Just kidding!

3. Doug,

Your sense of humor has always been the best. Between you and Uncle Frank, I'm not sure who should get the humor award. :)

BTW, what are you doing up to your gazoo in mud??? Is this where you get your talent? In the mud??? LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!

Doug, you know I'm only kidding. Ha

Melissa

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Melissa,

I'm holding my breath hoping that things stay nice for a long time. You have to figure that we will get trolls eventually. The important thing is to handle them so that they don't disrupt the friendly atmosphere here at the Cafe. That will be a challenge for all of us that care about this place.

Thanks,

Frank

6. The rule of thumb on the internet should be to never say anything to anybody on here that you wouldn't say to them looking them straight in the eye across the table in some sleazy bar room when you both knew the other person was heavily armed.

Steve

P.S. Still ain't figgered out how to put a pitcher on heah like the others have.....

7. Hey Catz,
    I agree!! :D This is a great place with a lot of good people......err photograhers!! I never was apart of DPR, and like you, I am happy about the cafe!! :D :D :D

8. Steve if you would like to Email me a picture and let me know how you want it cropped I will size it and send it back to you for posting. If you don't want to do that then size your image to 80 pixels on the widest side and then "save it for the web" at less than 9Kb and it should post fine. Again I will be glad to do it for you if you want.

9. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Melissa,

My stress level has dropped since I quit going over to DPR. I posted not as much as others, but did post and never could get many responses or critiques. Here I know people will tell me honesty how they feel about my work and help me progress in my abilities.

Cheers,

10. Patrick, I took a peep at your website and your pictures are marvelous just the way they are. What talent we have in this forum...............I want to be one of them.

Melissa