Marblehead and Rockport Massachusetts Trip

In late June my wife and I headed out for a few days to Massachusetts. We decided to visit both Marblehead and Rockport as I wanted to try and get a few good lighthouse shots. We were gone for five days and had a real mixed bag of weather. Cloudy, foggy, some rain and a few days with some sun.

Our first stop was in Marblehead at a B&B named The Seagull.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It was a good location as there were a number of photo ops within walking distance. The Marblehead Yacht Club was just up the road.

Castle Rock was also just a short walk away but in another direction.

From Marblehead we drove another half hour or so north to Rockport. Stayed at a Victorian style B&B there called the York House.

Rockport is on Cape Ann, and there is no end to the photo opportunities there. Rockport is home to a very large artist population with art and photo galleries seemingly on every street.

Perhaps the best know area there is Bearskin Neck which is a small piece of land that juts out from the town into Rockport Harbor. It is filled with galleries, restaurants and you guessed it, souvenir shops.

And the most well know feature of Bearskin Neck is a quaint old red fish house know as Motif #1. It was originally built in 1884 but has been rebuilt several times since then due to storms in the area.

We visited Bearskin Neck several times but the weather did not co-operate until one evening. We were getting ready to go out to dinner when the sun broke through and the clouds started clearing. Got to the Neck just as the light started to change.

And just to the right of Motif #1 was

Another cloud day and we set out to at least try and find two of the lighthouses in the area. We managed to finally find Annisquam Lighthouse.

We couldn't leave before one more visit to Bearskin Neck to get one more shot of Motif#1.

If you're planning to visit the New England area, I truly recommend stopping for a few days in Rockport. I know I'll be going back there.

Thanks for looking.

Steve

Chris,

Thanks. Don't remember seeing a strudel store there, but there are so many small shops and places to eat that I may have just missed it.

Steve

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom