Marblehead Lighthouse Sunrise

Real Name
Chris
I normally am pretty “risk smart” when it comes to taking photos, however I fell into Lake Erie taking this shot and my clothes froze nearly instantly once I got out. Me and the gear were perfectly fine. Just cold haha.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Chris
I'm Jim, but you're welcome nonetheless.

I used to go out in conditions like that duck hunting years ago when I was young and foolish. Never fell in though, fortunately.
I am so sorry, I obviously wasn’t paying quite enough attention haha. I was careful from the ice, but I didn’t stop to think that snow on top of an “ice bridge” was a false indication of a solid object to walk on.

Real Name
Chris
Real Name
Alvin
This image really comes together, the lighthouse, background trees and evening colors all combine for a winning shot. Congratulations! Plus you have an interesting back story as well. Glad you didn't get hurt. It does look slippery out there.

Alvin

Real Name
Chris
A really winning photo! But be careful out there!!!! ;) Glad you and your gear survived the dunking!
Thanks! Glad I had good weather sealing on the camera and lens.
Beautiful lighting. Be careful on the ice.
Thanks so much. Oddly enough, I was guarded against the ice for slipping but there was an ice bridge between rocks covered with snow that I mistook as solid ground so it wasn’t the slipping that got me but my own ineptitude lol
This image really comes together, the lighthouse, background trees and evening colors all combine for a winning shot. Congratulations! Plus you have an interesting back story as well. Glad you didn't get hurt. It does look slippery out there.

Alvin
Thanks Alvin, very happy with the series and the backstory makes it all the more interesting!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom