March migration is on in Nebraska

Cafe friends,

Nebraskas spring migration is nothing short of amazing. For perspective, the crane population at Bosque del Apache is around 10,000 cranes. The central flyway population that passes through here is now estimated to be well over the 1,000,000 mark. Last night, I was in a secluded photography blind with 30,000+ birds out my window. With proper planning, it can be one of the finest wildlife opportunities in the world. If you want to make the trip, let me know if I can help.

March sunset-2.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

many cranes samll.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Both excellent images. Another one of the items on my list albeit a few ticks from the top. We get quite a few up here but not convenient to my current residence so I haven't gone out to shoot them for several years.

Cafe friends,

Nebraskas spring migration is nothing short of amazing. For perspective, the crane population at Bosque del Apache is around 10,000 cranes. The central flyway population that passes through here is now estimated to be well over the 1,000,000 mark. Last night, I was in a secluded photography blind with 30,000+ birds out my window. With proper planning, it can be one of the finest wildlife opportunities in the world. If you want to make the trip, let me know if I can help.

View attachment 1656798
View attachment 1656799
I should - next year, maybe, unless I come up with an excuse! I;d simply love to see and hear it all.

Thank you for taking time to comment. It's a crazy time of year and I love it. I'm sleep deprived from now through April.

Dan, Alaska is on my bucket list so perhaps we could swap buckets somehow...

Again, thank you for your comments. The sunset photo was something of a consolation prize as I wanted images of the birds in full sunlight. The cranes were having none of it, and didn't show up to roost until all of the f stops were gone.

Real Name
Andy
Again, thank you for your comments. The sunset photo was something of a consolation prize as I wanted images of the birds in full sunlight. The cranes were having none of it, and didn't show up to roost until all of the f stops were gone.
When the consolation prize becomes the money shot. Beautifully captured!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom