March migration is on in Nebraska

Real Name
Andy
Brad,

As I seem to have nothing to do for the next few days, and have always wanted to see the March spectacle of cranes in Nebraska, I might very well make the journey. Please post your recommendations.

I have shot, and have studied, a lot of bird/wildlife images over my days.
The first shot here is one of the most dynamic fulfilling shots I have ever seen.
This needs to be printed big and shared.
Thanks for giving me the experience.
WOW
Gary

Brad,

As I seem to have nothing to do for the next few days, and have always wanted to see the March spectacle of cranes in Nebraska, I might very well make the journey. Please post your recommendations.
Hi Andy, I'm sorry for the delayed response. There a good number of crane watchers in the area. If you do decide to make the trip, I would do so in the next week. As things warm up, the birds will depart for nesting grounds to he north. Also, the main visitor centers are all closed to the public, but i know a few places you can still be guided.

I have shot, and have studied, a lot of bird/wildlife images over my days.
The first shot here is one of the most dynamic fulfilling shots I have ever seen.
This needs to be printed big and shared.
Thanks for giving me the experience.
WOW
Gary
Gary, thank you so much for commenting on the image. While making the image, it reminded me of the solar eclipse in that I didn't know how to get the look I wanted and the light was changing very quickly. Once I got the sunset dialed in exposure wise, I hoped the cranes would fly in front of it. As it turns out, they did.

Real Name
Andy
Hi Andy, I'm sorry for the delayed response. There a good number of crane watchers in the area. If you do decide to make the trip, I would do so in the next week. As things warm up, the birds will depart for nesting grounds to he north. Also, the main visitor centers are all closed to the public, but i know a few places you can still be guided.
Thanks Brad!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom