1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Mariam's flower (11 yr old!)

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by cajun angel, Jul 10, 2008.

1. While at Hagerman Refuge, Mariam was enjoying my D50 with the 70-300mm attached. I had the camera set on AUTO for her. Here's a couple she got. Hope my ps isn't too bad!

2657245784_277a69ff7f_b.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2008
  2. senna

senna

Jan 6, 2007
    San Jose Ca.
    Another good one from Mariam. It apears she can hold the camera steady, Good work:wink:

3. Thanks! We all shot from the car. She propped the camera on a small blanket on her window. At some point, I think we'll be getting more bean bags for some other little car window thingie. She seems to be a natural - holds her elbows in close, and I think she actually considers composition. I'm trying to teach all 3 kids about lighting - something I struggle with too!

4. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Miriam took a beautiful shot. She's got talent.

5. very impressive! give her my best

6. Thanks ya'll! She's been wanting to use my D50 for the longest, but I was afraid to let her. Now, I won't be so nervous about it. I watched her - she holds her elbows in, she looks before she puts the camera to her eye, and then she doesn't hurry the shot. I'm very proud of her for sure! And you can bet she's reading her posts!

7. Very nice.

8. awesome shot
    a budding prodigy, mariam is

very well done
    please tell her that i said so

9. Thanks! She's really getting hooked on the D50. I have a feeling she's gonna be after the D200 before long! :eek: 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.