Marine Corp Museum

Discussion in 'People' started by Ominous, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Greetings all. Its been awhile since Ive took the camera out, much less posted. Real life getting in the way and such. But today a friend talked me into going to the Marine Corp Museum here in the DC area, and man am I happy I went. Attention is paid to the most minute detail in all the exhibits, the mannequins are extremely detailed, to the point where you swear there gonna come alive. Its hard not to come away from the place emotionally touched. . Its was just what i needed to get the photog juices flowing. Anyway here some pics, still working on the gallery. For those interested all shots done with the 50mm 1.8 (recently broke my tamron 17-50, Which is kinda crappy, some shots would of benefited from a wider composition), Iso 400-1600.

C/C Welcome, and if ive posted these in the wrong place im sorry.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Haibane

Haibane

Aug 14, 2006
    Smyrna, Georgia
    second to last is probably my favorite

3. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Wow those look so real. Great job.

4. Marine Corps!

I'll have to check that place out someday.

5. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Very nice work - they are so realistic.

6. Love the series. I may have to check that out next time I'm in the area...

7. paradiddle

paradiddle

Jun 1, 2007
    U.S.A
    Wow - If I had not read your comments I would have thought all the people were alive, except the one with the helo in it. Great pics and somewhere we need to visit.

8. NYCPHOTO

NYCPHOTO

Jul 5, 2006
    Looks like your a real war-time photographer

9. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Amazing attention to detail and authenticity! Great job on these shots, they look SO lifelike!

10. I went to the Airborne museum in Fayetteville and they do not look nearly so realistic. Very nice shots.

11. Thanks for the replies!

Thanks for the kind words all. It's truly a place you have to visit in person to fully apperciate. On a side note Ill be going again real soon, I actually had to stop taking Pics about 3/4 of the way through because my card was full and I forgot the spares :(

Paradiddle...... I gave serious thought to getting rid of the background in the Helicopter shot, but its beyond my skill, and i seriously doubt I have the patience to do it.

12. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Very nice series! I have only heard good words about this new museum and these shots reflect what I have read.