Marine Recruit Johnston

Discussion in 'People' started by ffemt128, Jul 27, 2007.

1. ffemt128

ffemt128 Guest

My youngest son who will be 18 in 2 months surprised us last November when he told us he wanted to enlist in the US Marines. It was a very proud moment for me, however Monday was his ship date for basic training at Parris Island. This is the last picture I will have of him until graduation in October at which time he will no longer be a Marine recruit, he will then be a U.S. Marine. Needless to say, I am very proud of my son Joshua for the decision he made.

[​IMG]

2. Doug,
    Congratulations to you.
    Convey our thanks and gratitude to Joshua for takeing up this great job of protecting our freedom and liberty.
    Regards,

3. Seth

Seth

Jun 6, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    I agree. Congrats to you and I'd be just as proud. Be sure to convey my thanks for his enlistment and service to protect our freedoms.

4. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Doug,
    Many thanks to you for raising a son who chooses service to our country. And many thanks to your son as well. He looks to be a fine young man...wish him the best of luck at boot camp and in future service.

5. Congratulations to your son and to your family as well. I too have a son in the military (82nd Airborne) and admire all those who have chosen to serve their country in this manner.

6. Michael

Michael

Jun 30, 2005
    Mid-Michigan
    Doug: Really glad to see how proud you are of your son. My oldest is a Bugler in the Army at Arlington Cemetary and like yourself am extremely proud. On a personal note when I wake up tomorrow morning it will be the first day in 32 years I have not been in the military. Yep, today was the last day!

7. Doug, It takes a special young man to enlist at this time in our history. I commend you for raising such a son and please thank him for the service he is about to render.

8. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Thank you Doug and Joshua. The sacrifice that both of you are making is incredible to me.

9. ffemt128

ffemt128 Guest

Thank you everyone. Joshua is my youngest son. My oldest son Michael also chose to enlist in the armed services, but his choice was the Army National Guard. With all that is going on in the world today, it takes a great deal of courage to enlist. I'm very proud of both my boys.

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Agree wth all that has been said

Thank you for serving our country

11. Tell Joshua ... an old retired Air Force major said ... SEMPER FI!!

And, thank him. It takes courage to stand for what's right when so many tell you it's wrong. I know ... I went through ROTC during the Vietnam War!!

Cheers!!

Ken