Mariners-Rangers

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Minuteman3, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Just a couple of shots. We had great seats ... except for the darn net!!

p406975994-4.

View attachment 90917

Cheers!!

Ken

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    The fisheye shot is always a classic and yours is no different. Maybe I'll rent one for a June game at Wrigley Field... Chicago Cubs vs. Seattle Mariners. And I know what you mean about that darned fencing...ugh!

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very nice shots
    First one is really cool:>)) I like that

4. Nice shots there Ken! I like the fisheye shot too. Nice start by our local 9 :smile:

Hmmm, June game at Wrigley? Might be fun to pop out there with ya Frank :wink:

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I'm not well informed on the Mariners team, but I have excellant seats for this game. I am looking forward to filling a couple of 2 gig CF cards.

6. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    Guys....I'm gonna chime in here and say the fisheye shot is really cool...Printable IMO...

I realize the posted size is not the best BUT... I think the cables and net adds to the photo. If it
    is distracting to you couldn't you just photoshop the cables out and go from there...
    I think it would look ok...Just a thought.

I think these are both fine photos.

7. Love the first shot unfortunately unless you are rather close to the net you can focus it out of the shot

8. No need to rent one Frank you can just take mine along to the game. It would be my pleasure!

Nice shots by the way there Ken.

9. Thanks!!

Not only was it a rare bit of sunshine (we've had a very cloudy/rainy winter), but the home team won big!! That, coupled with the fact that the tickets were courtesy of a very happy client, made it just about a perfect afternoon!!

I like the 10.5 shot a lot. But, I'll admit I am debating mightily if I should keep the lens or move it in exchange for something like a 10-20 or so. Shots like this one nudge it into the "keeper" category!!

Cheers!!

Ken

10. jaymc

jaymc Guest

You might want to reconsider giving up the 10.5mm fish-eye. Can't compare it to a Sigma 10-20mm. I've got both - A completely different animal.

- Jay :smile: