Mario Testino at the Royal Wedding

I was very pleased to see several views of famous fashion photographer Mario Testino at the Royal Wedding this morning. He obviously had a prominent spot among the guests.

He is one of my all time favorites, together with the late Richard Avedon.
Especially his work with Vogue is breathtaking. Of course we remember his wonderful photo session with Princess Diana not long before she died.

He also did the portrait of William and Kate that is featured on the official program of the wedding.
His favorite muse is another Kate (Moss).

I predict that we will see some beautiful images of the Duchess of Cambridge by Mario in the not too distant future...

I love the B&W...but William's smile looks forced. Kate is just a beautiful girl. Ok my question...and I should know this but I don't...what is William's last name?:confused:

Windsor. They are the Windsors.
Yep; they changed it from "Saxe-Coburg Gotha" during WW1 :biggrin:

(My favourite quote from Blackadder Goes Forth:

'"I'm as British as Queen Victoria!"

"So, you're half-German, your father's a German, and you married a German?"')

Thanks for the link Frits!

I really enjoyed seeing the black & whites of Diana...superb images.

I love the B&W...but William's smile looks forced. Kate is just a beautiful girl. Ok my question...and I should know this but I don't...what is William's last name?:confused:
It's Mountbatten-Windsor. Actually his full name is: William Arthur Philip Louis Mountbatten-Windsor

Yes, I am looking forward to many more beautiful photos from Mario Testino in the future!

ETA: I just did a quickie Google and found out a little more about that name:

From Wikipedia:

Mountbatten-Windsor is the personal surname of some of the descendants of Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh under an ambiguously-worded Order-in-Council issued in 1960, and as such a cadet branch of the House of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg (known as the House of Glücksburg for short), which in turn is a branch of the House of Oldenburg.
It differs from the official name of the British Royal Family or Royal House, which remains Windsor. The adoption of the Mountbatten-Windsor surname does not apply to members of the Royal Family who are not descended from The Queen (her cousins, for example, and the descendants of the late Princess Margaret). The Order specifically applies the surname to those descendants of the Queen not holding Royal styles and titles but it has been applied to or informally used by members of the Royal Family descended from Queen Elizabeth II as their surname, as shown at the marriages of the Duke of York and the Princess Royal, both having been registered with Mountbatten-Windsor in their entries in the marriage registers.

I was very pleased to see several views of famous fashion photographer Mario Testino at the Royal Wedding this morning. He obviously had a prominent spot among the guests.

He is one of my all time favorites, together with the late Richard Avedon.
Especially his work with Vogue is breathtaking. Of course we remember his wonderful photo session with Princess Diana not long before she died.

He also did the portrait of William and Kate that is featured on the official program of the wedding.
His favorite muse is another Kate (Moss).

I predict that we will see some beautiful images of the Duchess of Cambridge by Mario in the not too distant future...
The difference between the two Kate's is the Moss photo would need much more airbrushing.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom