Marmot

Real Name
Bill
Took a quick trip to the Beartooth Mountains and while there drove the Beartooth Highway which I highly recommend.

At the top of Beartooth Pass which is right around 11k ft there's a large outcropping of rock which is home to many Yellow Bellied Marmots.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
Really superb image! For interest and printing, I'd prefer a different crop to minimize some of the rocks in the foreground. But the current crop is adaptable to magazine, print and user needs.

Real Name
Bill
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Really superb image! For interest and printing, I'd prefer a different crop to minimize some of the rocks in the foreground. But the current crop is adaptable to magazine, print and user needs.
Thanks Karen. I cropped it square for Instagram. I don't see me using it anywhere else.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
Thanks Karen. I cropped it square for Instagram. I don't see me using it anywhere else.
Understood. For posting here and on my website, I crop to suit the image. Not selling my images, I am thankfully free of Instragram, FB, and all that! LOL!

Real Name
Bill
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Real Name
Randy
cool shot

We did that drive and stopped to shoot those guys, lots of fun. Also a bunch of chipmunks at a stop along the way. Some scary driving for us easterners :)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom