Marquez Family

Real Name
Jake Ebersole
I had a great time doing this session. The weather was amazing and this family really had fun in front of the camera. I'd like your honest feedback. All of these images were taken with the D750 and 105E.

1. f2, ISO 100, 1/500s.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. f2, ISO 100, 1/320s.

3. f1.8, ISO 100, 1/1000s.

4. f1.8, ISO 100, 1/640s.

5. f2.2, ISO 100, 1/250s.

6. f2.2, ISO 100, 1/320s.

7. f2.5, ISO 100, 1/200s.

8. f2.5, ISO 100, 1/100s.

9. f2, ISO 100, 1/320s.

10. f2, ISO 100, 1/400s.

11. f2.2, ISO 100, 1/200s.

Jake, these are all excellent, but I really like #3. You caught a casual and candid moment there.

I've been lusting after this lens, and these just about put me over the top. You got lucky with #3 wide open. One forward from either sister and she would have been soft.

Real Name
Jake Ebersole
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Beautiful family! Stunning shots! Every one perfect. A+++
Thank you!

Jake, these are all excellent, but I really like #3. You caught a casual and candid moment there.

I've been lusting after this lens, and these just about put me over the top. You got lucky with #3 wide open. One forward from either sister and she would have been soft.
Thanks Mitch! This lens is amazing. I had to really convince myself to spend the money, but I have no regrets after seeing the quality of images being produced with it.

Real Name
Jake Ebersole
Here's two of the spreads from the album I'm putting together for them.

Jake I like your work. Clean, good interaction with the subjects and excellent PP with the colors.

Saying that I now hate you because I want a 105mm 1.4 E! :D:p:LOL::snaphappy::woot: That bokeh is so smooth and buttery I just want to dip a lobster in the background and eat it! :smuggrin::happy:

Really nice shots, Jake! It's clear that the family was relaxed and enjoying themselves, and that's half the battle right there when it comes to portraiture! Very well done!
Spot on Connie, no amount of technical work can save a portrait if the models aren't engaged with the photographer!

Real Name
Jake Ebersole
Good job Jake
Thanks Mark!

Really nice shots, Jake! It's clear that the family was relaxed and enjoying themselves, and that's half the battle right there when it comes to portraiture! Very well done!
Thanks Connie! We all had a really great time. It's the most fun I've ever had during a portrait session.

Jake I like your work. Clean, good interaction with the subjects and excellent PP with the colors.

Saying that I now hate you because I want a 105mm 1.4 E! :D:p:LOL::snaphappy::woot: That bokeh is so smooth and buttery I just want to dip a lobster in the background and eat it! :smuggrin::happy:
Thanks Jonathan! The 105 is amazing. I really wanted one when they announced it, but I convinced myself I didn't need it...until I used one and I fell in love immediately.

Thanks Jonathan! The 105 is amazing. I really wanted one when they announced it, but I convinced myself I didn't need it...until I used one and I fell in love immediately.
My only suggestion is maybe try different b&w profiles presuming you shoot raw. Maybe experiment with a higher contrast look and see if that might work for you!

Real Name
Jake Ebersole
My only suggestion is maybe try different b&w profiles presuming you shoot raw. Maybe experiment with a higher contrast look and see if that might work for you!
I love b&w, but it's always something I've struggled with getting just right. I really appreciate your feedback! I'll try boosting the contrast a bit.

I love b&w, but it's always something I've struggled with getting just right. I really appreciate your feedback! I'll try boosting the contrast a bit.
I find black and white photos need their own adjustments after doing the conversion, once you find one to your liking you can just save the settings profile and you'll be set!

This is an outstanding set. It is clearly obvious, that you worked well with the family. In some of your other sets, I did not like the background rendering from the Sigma 35 mm, it was harsh. The 105 does backgrounds much nicer. I prefer your processing in this set over most of the other sets I have seen of yours.

Real Name
Jake Ebersole
This is an outstanding set. It is clearly obvious, that you worked well with the family. In some of your other sets, I did not like the background rendering from the Sigma 35 mm, it was harsh. The 105 does backgrounds much nicer. I prefer your processing in this set over most of the other sets I have seen of yours.
Thanks Tom! The light was amazing for this session, which definitely helped for the processing. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. :)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom